Well this blog is aptly named Las aventuras diarias de Tyler / Les aventures diàries de Tyler because I haven't even left for Spain, and it's been a roller coaster. The application process has been long and arduous, the school placement definitely happened on "Spain time" and now they changed my school! Mind you, I'm not complaining. I was actually very excited to teach in Pollença at CEIP Costa i Llobera, but it was an hour's bus ride every morning. My new school, Colegio San José de la Montaña, is actually just up the road from the apartment where I hope to live. It's less than a mile's walk, and I won't have to spend as much money on transportation.
Pollença. So now that the shock is wearing off regarding the school change, I'm getting very excited to teach in the capital of the Balearic Islands. That's not to say I won't visit Pollença. It looks like perfect town, and I will certainly be making a few trips out there.
So I've decided to make a map of places to visit. I have found out that I have varying interests. I'm such a weirdo. By the way, the numbers on this map are completely arbitrary. Just did a Google search and listed some fun places.
1. My apartment
2. My school
3. Auditorium de Palma - theatre that brings in touring productions
4. El Corte Inglés - my favorite Spanish department store
5. Catedral de Mallorca
6. Bellver Castle
7. Esglesia de San Nicolau
8. L'Estació Intermodal/Plaça d'Espanya
9. Son Sant Joan airport
10. Museum of Contemporary Spanish Art
11. Porto Pi Shopping Center
12. Plaza Mayor de Palma
13. Black Cat Disco - trashy gay bar with drag shows
14. Dark Bar - trashier gay bar
15. Pueblo Español
16. Banys Àrabs - the only standing structure surviving from the Arab rule in Palma
17. The bullring - not going for bullfights, just find it interesting
18. Tito's - famous night club once frequented by Marlene Dietrich and Ray Charles
That should keep me busy for 8 months. Anyway just thought I'd update.
Tyler from Texas