Friday, July 13, 2012

Bought my flight!!!

I'm not a very patient person.  This I have to admit.  I was planning on flying back mid-June of next year, but at the moment I can't book more than 330 days in advance.  So I decided to take a look at flight availability for the first week of June.  I knew I wanted to buy a round-trip ticket, as it is MUCH cheaper.  I checked Student Universe this morning and found a cheap(ish) flight for $967.00.  I know this seems pricey for you folks in NYC and Boston, but flights from DFW are pretty expensive.  I was planning on dropping $1,200 - $1,300 on a ticket so I was over the moon to have found such a cheap flight.  So I bought it! 
Flight plan

I'll be leaving DFW in the afternoon (in late September) and taking an overnight flight to Amsterdam with the Dutch airline KLM.  I've never flown with them before so I'm very excited.  Anyone have good experiences with them?  After my 8 hour flight I'll have an 11.5 hour layover in Amsterdam!  I'm really excited about this little "accident."  I've never been and am looking forward to exploring the city for a few hours.  Any suggestions on what to see in my short stay?

I'll add Schipol Airport to my list

After my layover in Amsterdam it's just a short flight to my new home, Palma de Mallorca.  I still haven't been assigned a school or city, but I'd like to be based in Palma.  The train system on Mallorca seems to be very efficient, and I think it could be easy to take a train every morning as long as I'm not assigned a town on the opposite side of the island.  After I land at PMI my adventure begins!  I'll just be teaching and enjoying the island for the next 8 months. 

Airport in Palma de Mallorca - Hopefully I'll get to know this place really well.  Maybe I'll be doing a bit of travelling during my stay. 

My return flight (which I don't even want to think about right now) will stop through Barcelona where I will have to stay overnight.  Then back through Amsterdam to switch flights.  Finally I have a direct fligh from Amsterdam to Dallas.  This was the first flight I found that didn't have an extra stop in the U.S.  No offense to Memphis, but I'd rather just go straight from Europe to my home, sweet, home.  But like I said, I'm not thinking of that just yet.  I've got 8 months of adventure before then!

Un beso,
Tyler from Texas  



1 comment:

  1. Love the world and yourself in it, move through it as though it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element. Flights to Dar Es Salaam
    Cheap Flights to Dar Es Salaam
    Cheap Air Tickets to Dar Es Salaam

    ReplyDelete